The Swiss Institute of Navigation ( ION – CH ) is a non-profit-making organization that was created in 1999. It is dedicated to the advancement of the art and science of navigation serving a diverse community including those interested in air, space, marine, land navigation and position determination.
- to promote and develop the art and science of navigation,
- to co-ordinate information from the disciplines involved in the navigation domain,
- to initiates conferences and symposia which range from international events to lectures on topical subjects.
The membership is divided into the following five areas :
- Honorary member
Collective members :
- Corresponding member
Activities of the Swiss Institute of Navigation consist of :
- the organisation of conferences and congresses
- information technology
- literature and publications
- participation at international research meetings and related events